The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) is set to administer the PNP Entrance and Promotional Examinations on May 26, 2013. Applicants must take note of the requirements and coverage of the exams.
Read the following carefully:
– Applicants must personally file an application on any working day between April 1 to 30, it is required that you get a schedule for filing. The enhanced On-Line Examination Application Scheduling System (OLEASS) will be activated at napolcom.gov.ph on March 4 to 15 for the PNP Entrance Exam and on March 16 to 25, 2013 for the PNP Promotional Exam.
– Acceptance of applications is on a ‘first come, first-served’ basis and, upon due notice, may be stopped even ahead of the deadline.
– NAPOLCOM regional offices reserve the right to limit the number of examinees to be accommodated in view of “resource constraints.”
– Only applicants with a confirmed scheduled appointment with reference number shall be entertained.
I. Exam date : May 26, 2013
II. Period of Online Application Scheduling : March 4 -15, 2013
III. Period of Filing : April 1-30, 2013
– The PNP Entrance Examination is open to all Filipino citizens who are not more than 30 years old;
– Applicant must be a bachelor’s degree holder;
– Required height is 1.62 meters for men and 1.57 meters for women;
– Police Officers I (PO1) whose appointments are temporary for lack of appropriate eligibility are required to take the PNP Entrance Exam;
– The promotional exams are open exclusively to all qualified uniformed members of the PNP who meet the minimum qualification standards for examination in terms of rank and eligibility;
– Application forms and index cards can be obtained for FREE at the NAPOLCOM NCR Office in Guadalupe Nuevo, EDSA, Makati City, at any NAPOLCOM Regional Office, and can be download from its official website;
– Only duly accomplished application forms with all the required documents filed personally and received by the NAPOLCOM Regional Office on or before the deadline for filing shall be accepted. Applications received through postal mail shall not be processed;
– Retakers shall submit only the Admission Slip of the last exam applied for, fill out a new application form and index card with ID pictures, and pay the examination fee.
Requirements for the PNP Entrance Exam:
Printed letter-reply/corresponding reference number confirming the scheduled appointment;
Two recent, colored, and identical 1”x1” ID pictures with white background and complete name tag (for PNP members, the name tag should indicate the rank before the name);
One legal size window envelope with P9 worth of mailing stamp (for NCR, CAR, Regions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5) and P12 (for Occidental and Oriental Mindoro, Palawan, Visayas and Mindanao);
Transcript of scholastic record or diploma;
Birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar or National Statistics Office (NSO). For a PO1 with temporary appointment, a certified true copy of Attested Appointment, Plantilla Appointment or Special Order is ALSO required for submission.
Requirements for the Promotional Exams:
First two requirements mentioned above;
Certified true copy of Attested Appointment, Plantilla Appointment or PNP Absorption Order;
Report of Rating/Certification issued by the NAPOLCOM Central Office, CSC Certificate of Eligibility and/or PRC Board Certificate.
PNP Entrance and Police Officer Exams – P400;
Senior Police Officer Exam – P450;
Police Inspector Exam – P500;
Police Superintendent Exam – P600
PNP Entrance Exam – General information; verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and logical reasoning.
PNP Promotional Exams – General information, police administration and operations, and police customs and tradition/values and ethical standards.